Sunday, June 17, 2012

the time we got a sailboat.

I know, right? It's crazy (and awesome)! Here's the story: A few weeks ago Taylor had a conversation with this couple at our church. He told them how we are trying to get involved in the "MS community" etc. We have done research and found "The MS Cup," a sailing race in Minnesota to raise money for MS research. It was just conversation. Well, turns out this couple had an old sailboat that had been gifted to them years ago. The woman had every intention of learning to sail but never did and decided she needed to get rid of the beauty. So, she called me up and asked if Taylor and I wanted her SAILBOAT! Um, of course! Taylor has been dreaming of building his own boat for years now and even researched it. He decided at this point in his life he doesn't have the time to give to the lofty project. Well, thanks to these fabulous friends, we have a boat!

We took it out on Saturday morning for a little test run. We didn't want to start putting work into it until we were positive it was functioning. It's very small, only 8 feet long and nearly fits in the back of Taylor's car. There were too many spiders and too much dirt for this lady so I hung out on the dock. Plus, Taylor is concerned about my swimming abilities and thought the likelihood of us tipping the darling boat on it's first run with the new owners seemed high. I read a book and watched the ecstatic Taylor Zmoos sail his little boat. What a dream!





3 comments:

  1. what an adorable boat! how fun for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! How fun! I'm so jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my heck...this is so awesome! When are you taking passengers?

    ReplyDelete