Thursday, February 16, 2012

a theory.

So my friend Mandy has a theory about people and marriage. She thinks once you get married you kind of pick a personality to be together and warp into it quickly. It goes far beyond that and I could give you some fabulous examples she and I have discussed but I'll keep it on the surface and spare you. Anyway, here's where I am going with this: my husband has an obsession with pens. He is very opinionated about how they write, the brand, everything. He and his dad have always had a thing for pens. When they drain an entire pen of its ink (hard to do), they send it to each other in the mail. Such a funny/sweet little tradition (just a side note). Sometimes I borrow his pens and he is not so happy about it...

Ok, back to the theory. Taylor came into the bathroom when I was getting ready on Valentine's Day to give me my gift. You would laugh if you saw the amount of excitement when I opened this ridiculously awesome pen!

 I am obsessed. As you know, I love all things gold which is maybe my favorite feature about this lovely new friend of mine. Anyway, I guess I have grown to love the things he appreciates. Marriage does that to you:) I also received a large bill to buy myself a pretty new dress for a "Dental Ball" coming up in April. Can't wait to go shopping! Suggestions? Fancy and modest is a difficult combination....

1 comment:

  1. It is crazy hard to find a modest and fancy dress! The law school has their ball this weekend! We arnt' going which is kind of a relief when it comes to dress shopping! i hope you have better luck than i did! let me know if you need a shopping partner!

    ReplyDelete