Thursday, January 19, 2012

back to school.


So last night I got to go back to college! It was very exciting. It was my first day so I even managed to leave two hours early to ensure I would get there on time and find my way around campus. Let me just tell you how refreshing it was to navigate easily through the "campus," park in a parking lot without paying or worrying about ticketing, and walk literally 50 ft. to the door of my building. Awesome. Let's just say Kirkwood Community College is not large. It is, however, very nice. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Why am I back to school, you ask? Well, when I transfered my teaching license to Iowa, I received a "temporary" license that expires in December of this year, UNLESS I take one silly (but great) class. It's called "Child Health, Safety, and Nutrition." What woman (future mother) wouldn't love to learn about that? I'll be honest, I felt a little overwhelmed and out of touch when talking about the papers I have to write, the projects I have to complete, and the TESTS. It has been way too long since I have heard such words. Nonetheless, I am really excited. Here's to going back to school! Cheers.

Also, totally random, Taylor and I went to a free ballroom dance class tonight (someone in our stake taught it)! I must say we did pretty well:). My husband is such a trooper. Next Thursday is the swing, we're getting pumped. 

2 comments:

  1. LOL...I am still laughing as I envision you sitting in your car eating your slice of pizza and drinking your DP waiting for class to start. Did I mention that I love you! :) Wish I could take the class with you...sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand the test part. I took the Praxis II last week so I can get my Ohio license. I had a hard time focusing on studying, but taking the test was soooo stressful because it has been so long since I have had to take one. Good luck with the class!

    ReplyDelete