Monday, January 30, 2012

the cake we baked.


So Tay and I have been eyeing this cake in a cookbook I own but never use for months. When I want to bake he always pulls it out and shows me, but we never seem to have all the ingredients and end up with the same old delicious (but kind of boring) cookies. So this week, we had a dinner invite to some friends house for Sunday. I asked what we could bring, she said DESSERT. We planned for days to make this cake for "date night" on Saturday. So here it is, our delicious 3 layer chocolate cake. We may or may not have eaten 2 slices that night. Don't worry, I warned our friend that we would bring a cake half eaten, she thought that was a great idea!

I'm sad to tell you I only ate that one slice and we never made it to our dinner date thanks to the stomach flu invading my body on Sunday morning. Dang it. Taylor was nice enough to drop off a few slices to our friends in hopes of a rain check in return. Anyway, Taylor is mostly responsible for this beauty. I was right behind him every step of the way, washing the dishes as we went and wiping the counter as well. Just being true to me:)

Happy Monday, I hope this week is a great one!

1 comment: